There is an increasing demand for SaaS software in the market today. Ranging from small businesses who can’t afford to get on demand software manually to big enterprises that need work to be done precisely, SaaS is the best choice to rent. This article explains all those things that you need to know about SaaS software.
1. What is SaaS software?
SaaS refers to Software as a Service, sometimes referred to as on-demand software. It relates to providing on-demand software to companies and businesses that is essential for their day-to-day transactions. The license, however, works on a subscription model and requires periodic renewals. Some of the most common SaaS services include accounting, collaboration, payroll processing software and time and attendance management software.
2. How does SaaS software work?
Companies who want to use SaaS services in their businesses need to contact the service provider. Companies are asked to pay rent and are allowed to use the software through the subscription period. However, SaaS users need to install MSP on their computers. MSP or Managed Service Providers are that software that runs only on those devices which are owned by service providers. After the end of the subscription period, the companies can either renew it or go for an alternative.
3. SaaS software vs. Traditional software:
Traditional software came up with the hassle of installing the software, which led to additional costs. However, upgrading it or updating it depended upon the user. It also meant that by purchasing the software users are provided only with usage license and not the ownership. However, SaaS has managed to change this scenario. It works on a subscription basis, and users have to rent the services for use. They usually run on the server of the service provider and hence, they allow the companies to specialize the software as per their needs. SaaS software makes the work simple and easy to businesses.
4. Advantages of using SaaS software:
- Lower costs: The cost is split amongst many companies that use the SaaS software and thus the cost an individual business has to incur is generally less than traditional software purchased. It allows smaller businesses, that can’t purchase traditional software due to enormous licensing costs, to have software and improve their efficiency.
- Saves time: SaaS software is pre-installed and also configured. This helps eliminate most of the time spent on configuration and installation.
- Upgrades: Traditional services require users to pay for getting their software upgraded to the latest level. However, SaaS service providers upgrade the services to the latest level automatically, and these costs are distributed among a large number of users.
- Easy to use: SaaS software may offer customization according to business needs. This helps the business to get past the complicated procedures and stick to the simple procedures and options that they require.
5. What is Time and Attendance SaaS software?
Time and attendance software uses automation to track employee presence. The access to this software is provided to Payroll and HR departments. This software provides summary sheets at the end of particular periods depending upon the software. SaaS providers charge the businesses on the number of employees tracked, making them an especially good fit for small to medium-sized businesses.
6. Advantages of using Time and Attendance SaaS software:
- Cost effective: As SaaS service providers don’t charge installation fees they are the best choice to make. Unlike licensed software, which is costly, SaaS works on a subscription basis. Hence users can track the attendance of employees at a lower cost.
- Less technological help: SaaS software requires no setup and no special hardware. It doesn’t need capital expenses to spend on compatible computers. They are also incredibly easy to operate. Thus there is less IT strain by using SaaS software.
- Secure way to store your data: This offers a recorded proof to show to your employees about their presence. The licensed software provides an online storage to store your data, which is stored in data centers of service providers. With increasing cyber fraud, SaaS offers the best advantages.
- On subscription basis: All SaaS software including time and attendance software work on a subscription basis. Hence the commitment you need to invest in this software is less. This ensures that if you don’t like a service provider, you can switch to another at minimum cost.
7. Employee experiences:
SaaS software for time and attendance creates a positive impact on employees and increases their efficiency. Knowing that powerful software is keeping a check on them is essential to keep hard-working employees motivated. It also prevents time sheet fraud, which is of primary concern to businesses. It encourages employees to work as a team and makes administration of employee time easier, which helps payroll and HR departments. It also contributes to achieving mobility in time and attendance management, and the software makes it easy to read the summary of data.
SaaS service providers are competing among themselves to make their brand the best on the market. SaaS gives the users a wide range of options from which to choose the service provider. It is a next step forward in the software world.